Here is a selection of feedback comments on the 2015 Word on the Lake Writers’ Festival
- A well organized festival-congratulations.
- It is the best I have ever attended
- Motivated me to volunteer to be on the Committee for 2016.
- The late start to the opening affected the other workshops. Start on time even if people are caught on the other side of the railway tracks waiting for a train to pass through.
- Well laid out programme easy to find information.
- Sunday was so perfect!
- Networking and fellowship plusses for me.
- I really like the festival price, so reasonable for such an array of workshops and excellent presenters.
- The new website is great, what an improvement. Registration was painless.
- Great location
- Well organized, the volunteers and committee made me feel very welcome and looked after.
- I had a blast! Left feeling motivated and excited.
- Some sound bleeding between rooms at the Prestige, noisy workshops need to be further away from the quieter ones
- This year’s attendees should be automatically e mailed with details of presenters for 2016.
Overall rating for the presenters and workshops was high. We only have room for a selection of comments these were pulled at random
- I like the practical aspect of most the workshops.
- I come to learn more about writing and how to improve my own skills.
- Loved Brian Brett’s Master Class-a brilliant approach to ‘studying’ writing.
- Gail Bowen B Great stories. She shared so many ways to build my book. Great energy, exciting. A definite help, I now have the title for my book
- Charles DeLint and MaryAnn Harris were inspiring and practical. Musicians too, so talented. A coup to have them here. Great format.
- Grant Lawrence Informative, entertaining and his articulation was excellent
- athryn Para Fantastic… Interactive, organized, systematic, great tools and handouts. Provided a breakthrough moment when she introduced the thematic POV exercise. Lots of tools
- Norma Charles Most helpful. Great method for writing scenes
- Kelsey Attard So many ideas, great manner, down to earth useful tools.
- Gary Fjellgaard Excellent workshop, made me feel comfortable and welcome. Even my husband loved his music and it’s not the usual style of music he listens to.
- Jodie Renner Excellent. Great writing techniques. Tied for my first choice with Gail Bowen.
- Louise Wallace Great marketing tools. Involved us. Good research tools
- Harold Rhenisch Interesting, a different perspective for non Fiction.
- Anne DeGrace Well prepared. Quality handouts. Informative. Intimate discussion. I’m starting a writing group now.
- Thank you for the gluten free and salad choices. Greatly appreciated
- I would have liked 2 choices of meat at the banquet, as opposed to one and a vegetarian lasagna.
- Tarts for lunch would make a nice change from bars. A better selection of desserts for the banquet would also be nice.
- Reasonable price for a sit down meal and such great entertainment
- Enjoyed the Coffee House even although it was rather too long.
- Some authors need to learn how to read out loud. Poor reading does nothing to persuade me to read their books.
- A much better venue for the Coffee House
SATURDAY NIGHT ENTERTAINMENT
- Great music. Lots of laughs. So much fun
Read feedback comments on the 2014 Festival…