Feedback from 2014 Festival
A Selection of feedback comments from presenters and attendees, 51% of feedback forms returned.
Overall rating from presenters and attendees was Excellent.
- Fantastic Conference chaps! Really good participants, high quality writing. Terrfic hospitality and entertainment. Presenters are like sheep …need to be told where to go and when!
- The festival was a great experience for me. The size and intimacy of the festival was great. It was nice to have a variety of presenters-theatre, music, genres.
- Excellent! A wonderful combo of music, writing, performance. Keep it intimate!
- Time of workshops a little short for exercises. (Perhaps we need to return to the previous workshop time of 90 minutes? Festival Chair)
- Thank you for making me a part of this wonderful experience. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I’d love to come back.
- Loved the Ladies of the Shuswap singers!
- Impressed with the smooth coordination of events.
- Diana Gabaldon’s workshops all inspired me to continue writing.
- One location would be better for the whole festival.
- Workshops were all worth going to. Great selection of presenters.
- Fabulous- definitely worth traveling to.
- Howard White delivered great info on statistics, publishing in the digital age and advice for publishing now.
- Loved the new location for the Coffee House! Intermission space too small to mingle and meet.
- Gary Geddes provided us with notes. It would be great if more presenters did this. A privilege to listed to all these presenters. Thank you for the opportunity.
- My second year here. Presenters and Blue pencil editors are very supportive and professional.
- More gluten free choices are needed. (We will try to do this in 2015 Chair)
- Inclusive atmosphere…so encouraging
- The information shared is priceless.
- Keep up the good work. This was top rate. Exceptional volunteers and organizers (Thank you! Chair)
- Advertise more in the Kootenays. (Will do! Chair)
- Would like more working sessions as in master classes, next year.
- Consider for next year’s lineup… a Canadian Keynote or International and younger presenters, Rap, spoken word.