Early Bird Registration (February 12 – April 10)
only $270 SAW Members + Seniors only $245
Regular Registration (April 11 – 24) $295
Saturday only (February 12-April 24) $210
Early Bird and Regular Registrations include:
- Early Bird Registrants only (includes SAW member and seniors) names entered into a draw for a gift basket. Draw date April 11th
- CAFÉ LIT. Friday 7.00pm-10.00pm in Caritas. Readings/music by our presenters includes refreshments.
- Saturday, – Opening Session, keynote, Gail Anderson Dargatz Workshops, Panel, Blue Pencil Café, Master Classes, Saturday lunch,
- GALA Saturday evening 6.45pm -10.00pm in Kekuli. Red Carpet Event -Askews’ Writing Contest Awards Ceremony, Entertainment with – Ed Peekeekoot, Anne Fleming and Charlie Demers
- Sunday Special Event: Conversation with Norma Dunning.
- FESTIVAL CLOSING EVENT – Draw for books and a 2023 Festival Pass. (IT WILL BE OUR 20th ANNIVERSARY)
- PLUS OUR VACATION DRAW. Registrants can purchase tickets, cash only, on site at Spes Bona until 1.30pm Sunday May 1st 2022. Only 400 tickets available.
Saturday Only Registration includes: Opening ceremony, all Saturday workshops and lunch.
Special Events Open to the Public
- Friday evening 7.00pm
CAFÉ LIT + Refreshments Location Caritas $20
- Saturday Night 6.45pm
GALA Red Carpet Writing Contest Awards Ceremony, Entertainment + Refreshments
Location Kekuli $20
Pay Cash/ credit card at the door.
The Sorrento Centre and Shuswap Association of Writers are committed to the health and well-being of our guests, staff and neighbours.We will follow all Ministry of Health COVID guidelines in effect at the time of the festival.
Let’s keep in touch
– we send out occasional emails filled with great information
To help offset the costs of the festival for students, others with lower incomes, or those in temporary circumstances which create financial need, the festival is offering up to ten bursaries of $100 each.
To apply for a bursary, you need to pay the full fee in advance, and complete the application below explaining your need.
The Word on the Lake Writers’ Festival will provide full refunds, less a $50 processing fee, for cancellation up to April 15th of the current conference year.
Refunds will be made, less a $75 processing fee, for cancellations between April 16th and April 25th
No refunds will be provided for cancellation after April 25th because all costs, including meals etc will have been paid for and are non-refundable to us.