Word on the Lake Writers’ Festival runs from Friday evening, May 7th through to Sunday, May 9, 2021. Sessions will include both skill development workshops and open forums with authors based on questions and answers in an intimate setting.
- BURSARIES are once again available: for guidelines and to apply Click here for more information
- FREE BOOK SALE TABLES are available on a first come basis for local and out-of-town writers wishing to sell their books. Please bring your books and share the space; meet your fellow writers and meet the presenters. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tables are at a premium, and go quickly. Deadline date for reserving is April 19th, 2021.
- ASKEW’S FOODS WORD ON THE LAKE WRITING CONTEST (available soon)
Download/print: (available soon)
♦ 2021 Full Festival Schedule [PDF] ♦ 2021 Workshop descriptions (alphabetical) [PDF]
All Friday & Saturday events will take place at the Prestige Harbourfront Resort and Convention Centre
Friday, May 7th
YOUNG WRITERS’ WORKSHOP at Salmon Arm Secondary School, Sullivan Campus (to be confirmed)
FESTIVAL REGISTRATION Friday evening 3:30-6:00 pm
- Hotel Entrance Foyer
CAFÉ LIT – MEET THE PRESENTERS & ENJOY THEM READING FROM THEIR PUBLISHED WORKS Friday evening 7:00 – 10:00pm
- Balmoral Room
- Admission is by name tag.
- Open to the public – $20.00 a ticket ($2.00 discount for SAW members.)
Saturday, May 8th
- Hotel Entrance Foyer
OPENING & KEYNOTE 8:45am-9:15am
BLUE PENCIL CAFÉ SATURDAY 9:30am-5:00 pm in Grandview. FREE
- Appointments necessary BOOK EARLY. Schedule & Participating Presenters more info….
KIDSWRITE AWARDS CEREMONY 3:30pm-5:00pm
BOOK SIGNING Hotel Entrance Foyer 5:15pm-5:45pm
- Open to the Public
BANQUET 7:00pm Balmoral Room
- Buffet Dinner, Entertainment (to be announced) plus the Writing Contest Awards
Open to the public.
Public Banquet Tickets: Cost $50 includes Buffet Dinner & Entertainment. Tickets will be limited. You may buy them online after April 20th, 2020,or you may take a chance and see if any are available on site. Last year we were sold out
All Sunday Events take place at Okanagan College
Sunday, May 9th
FREE CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST & SOCIAL TIME 8:15am-9:15am
- Student Lounge
CONVERSATION WITH … TBA 9:30am-10:30am Room #130
FESTIVAL CLOSING 2:00pm
The collection of feedback forms and a prize draw