Does the cost of registration include the hotel room?
- No. Registration costs are for the festival only.
- However, you may have free accommodation… if you win the Early Registration Package which includes 2 nights at the Prestige plus other goodies. Value? $475. What a great way to enjoy the festival. Check the closure date for the Early Registration
- Book your room at the hotel with a special conference discount, while available.
- Any questions about rooms, parking, or other hotel-related issues should be directed to the front desk.
Does the Prestige offer a festival room rate?
- Starting at $119 for standard room. Coming with a friend, family member /or? Why not buddy up and split the cost and be able to relax onsite.
- To book a room you need to phone 1- 250-833-5800 and tell them you are booking for the Word on the Lake Writers’ Festival.
- Check out the Prestige Harbourfront Resort
Does the Prestige welcome dogs?
- Yes it does, there may be a small fee. Your dog will be welcomed over the weekend by our CEO – Canine Executive Officer, Sugar the Westie.
The festival takes place in 2 locations. Why is this? How do I get to the college location if I do not have a car?
- We are fortunate to have the Sunday location, Okanagan College, Salmon Arm campus, provided free of charge.
- Our presenters all need to be here for at least 2 nights’ accommodation, which is a major expense for us but definitely well worth it!
- It allows us to provide a day of workshops for you on Sunday without the expense of the hotel’s conference centre.
- Most of all, it allows us to keep our fees at a reasonable level. We have not raised our fees now for 4 years!
- We have a band of trusty volunteers who provide taxi service to the college from the hotel and back.
Are the festival venues wheelchair accessible?
- Yes both the hotel and Okanagan College have wheel chair washroom facilities and level access
- The hotel has an elevator.
- Both locations have level parking and special parking slots.
Do I need to sign up for individual workshops?
- No. Check the workshop descriptions & schedule and attend whatever interests you.
Does the festival offer any financial assistance for those who wish to attend but may need a little help?
- We offer up to 10 Bursaries of $100
- Please check out the information page on the website
Do we receive confirmation of our registration, and Blue Pencil appointments?
- You will receive confirmation by email.
- Your registration package will include a copy.
- Please remember to send your Blue Pencil sample to your presenter, ahead of time, if requested.
- It is a good idea to bring a spare copy of your submission with you .
- The Blue Pencil table can be found in the lobby close to the registration tables.
- Blue Pencil sessions run concurrently with the workshops, so you may come and go throughout each workshop.
- The presenters are aware of people having to leave during their workshops. We just ask that you are considerate and depart & return quietly.
- Please take time to read the Blue Pencil Cafe information
How do I cancel my registration?
- Email the details to the festival chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please carefully check the registration page for cancellation cut-off dates and fees.
I have food allergies. How do I let the organizers know?
- Please makes sure to check the food allergies section on your registration form
- We inform the caterer of the types of allergies & how many people have these special needs.
- Please know however that the sooner we can tell them the better.
- We cannot guarantee meeting your needs unless we know well ahead of time or if you register on site.
What is the best way to stay up-to-date with changes and new information?